Friday, October 27, 2006

Hi I am Laura Salmon, Aged 16 From North Lincolnshire, UK. My one love is horses and i have decided to write this blog to share my passion, feelings, thoughts and experiences with the Equine.

Most riders have a great deal of financial support behind them and manage to own or ride five or six horses where my sister Leona, 15 and i only own one each. My Horse is Jayde, she's a 16,1hh 9 year old irish sports horse mare and completely black, she is the love of my life. Molly is a 15,1hh 5 year old welsh cob mare, dark bay and belongs to my younger sister.

Today I arrived at Southdale Farm early, at 8.30am to turn out the horses into the field, that's the other riders horses. I kept jayde up and decided to ride early. I took her into the arena for a session on the flat concentrating on keeping a good position and using my seat and it was fairly good but Jayde was a little discontented at the others enjoying themselves in the field whilst she worked. So i made the decision to hack her out and try and calm her down so we hacked through two local villages then back up the bridle way which leads to Southdale cantering and splashing in puddles having a great time. When i got back i decided to give Jayde a short break before jumping so i set up a bounce of small fences and 2 strides later a cross pole, knowing this coujld be somewhat fun and beneficial. Jayde had settled down in the arena and was really jumping well, this time her canter was in a much better rhythm and i was pleased

Hopefully when i ride her tomorrow she will show the same positive attitude and carry it through so my trainer Tracy can give us that push to get ready for the trailblazer dressage competition on November the 5th, when i am doing Prelim 10 qual and possibly prelim 14 qual and when Leona returns From Iceland and chooses her Class i will finally be able to get those entries sent off!

Will write soon

Laura Salmon x

No comments: